Thank you for your interest in employment with Deschutes County. With more than 1,000 employees throughout Central Oregon, Deschutes County is an employer of choice.
It is the policy of Deschutes County to recruit and select the most qualified individuals for employment. When you submit an application, your information will be compared with the requirements of the position and screened for minimum qualifications. All candidates will be evaluated and notified of their status by email. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to inquiries regarding candidate selection or perform additional reviews or updates to applications.
Deschutes County provides a generous and comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees and their dependents. The benefits program includes:
- Health Insurance – including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation Program
- Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC
- Retirement Program through Oregon PERS
- Time Management Program
Benefits vary depending on bargaining unit affiliation and employment status.