Join Our Team!
At Solid Ground, we work together to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change. Interested in being part of a compassionate, dynamic team committed to race and social justice – and a community where everyone has a chance to thrive?
Working at Solid Ground
Employees describe our work environment as a learning culture where challenging questions are asked and we learn together. We have a diverse, friendly, and caring staff who enjoy flexible scheduling and reflect the communities we serve. We work alongside our residents, program participants, clients, and community partners guided by our commitment to Race & Social Justice. Our managers support employees in their professional development through cross-agency leadership committees, onsite training, and goal setting.
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. We’re optimistic because we’ve seen our work’s impact on the community firsthand. Our staff listen to and honor input from the people we serve. As we work to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change, we’re guided by social justice, compassion, collaboration, accountability, respect, and integrity.We believe that how we work is as important as the positive outcomes of what we accomplish. Employees describe our work environment as challenging, a learning environment where hard questions are asked, flexible with scheduling, diverse, friendly, and caring.
Our Race & Social Justice efforts guide us as we work alongside our residents, program participants, coworkers, and community partners to end poverty. We engage in intentional learning efforts to understand and dismantle institutional racism and build cultural sensitivity.
Our managers support employees in their professional development. Through cross-agency leadership committees, job shadowing programs, onsite training, and goal setting, employees can learn and work toward their career goals at Solid Ground.
Employee wellness is of utmost importance to Solid Ground. We pay for the majority of medical and dental premiums for employees and offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical: two medical plans to choose from to fit your needs
- Dental: comprehensive coverage within a wide network of providers
- Flexible Spending Account: use pre-tax money to pay for out-of-pocket medical and childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Program: access to legal assistance, financial counseling, child and elder care referrals, and mental health/substance abuse counseling for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) Plan: includes a generous employer contribution and employer match
- Short-term & Long-term Disability/Term Life Insurance: 100% employer-paid to ensure employees are covered for the unexpected; optional voluntary life insurance available to employees and dependents
- Paid Time Off: We recognize the challenges of our work for employees and the benefits of offering paid time off.
- Solid Ground offers paid time off through a generous leave package.