The purpose of Kansas City Public Schools (KCPS) is to provide a quality education that prepares all of our students, regardless of background or circumstances, for success in college, career, and life. We will produce scholars who are high-achieving critical thinkers, prepared to succeed in a constantly changing world, and engaged in the improvement of their communities.
KCPS envisions its schools as places where every student will develop a deep understanding of the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue higher education, obtain family-supporting employment, contribute to the civic well-being of the community, and have the opportunity for a rewarding and fulfilling life.
The mission of KCPS is to achieve, in a way that is unencumbered by excuses, our vision for education by ensuring that all children benefit from teaching and learning.
Our Core Beliefs: Five principles guide our actions and behaviors at all levels.
- All students can and will learn; we must provide appropriate educational opportunities for each student that are commensurate with his/her individual needs and abilities.
- Education is a life-long process, only able to be fully achieved through a collaborative learning community that is built on integrity, high expectations, and mutual respect and support.
- All schools can be successful and efficient when we provide each of our students with access to a rigorous curriculum and high levels of interaction, engagement, and teaming that will serve to prepare them for college, career, and life.
- We must provide a safe learning environment where students feel protected and learning can flourish.
- With parental and community support and involvement from all stakeholders, we can build an environment where children have no option but to succeed.