American Public University is a leading provider of education to motivated students worldwide. Recognized by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) as a member of the accredited American Public University System, APU was established in 2002 to offer working adults quality, affordable, and career-relevant education in a flexible, online environment with an emphasis on educating the nation’s public service communities.
Today, the university offers 200+ degrees and certificates, and its bachelor’s programs were named to “US News & World Report’s” ranking of top online degree programs for the sixth consecutive year.
The mission of American Public University is to provide high quality higher education with emphasis on educating the nation’s military and public service communities by offering respected, relevant, accessible, affordable, and student-focused online programs that prepare students for service and leadership in a diverse, global society.
American Public University seeks to advance social, economic and environmental well-being through the transformative power of education with:
- Dynamic, engaging, quality learning experiences
- Best-in-class student interfaces
- Diverse and career relevant degree programs
- Communities of lifelong learners and practice in selected disciplines
- Evaluation of transfer credit and competency-based learning
- Affordability relative to public institutions
- Strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Thought leadership that contributes to effective change in higher education