The mission of Albertus Magnus College derives from the intellectual tradition of the Dominican Order whose essential charism is the search for truth (Veritas). Reflective of the dedication and commitment to service of our founder and sponsor, we at Albertus assume responsibility for the fulfillment of our particular service as an academic community. Principles which guide our mission and purpose include the following:
- The College embraces the Liberal Arts tradition and is committed to a vibrant curriculum, including a General Education program, that is both scholarly and humanistically enlarging.
- The College encourages students to participate in academic internships, practica and relevant work experiences as preparation for meaningful careers.
- The College strives to bring together a richly diverse student body and cultivates an atmosphere of mutual respect and ethical behavior.
- The College fosters close, positive interaction between faculty and students, thereby offering broad opportunities for challenge and growth.
- The College provides an educational environment dedicated to enhancing each student’s development, both as an individual and as a member of society.
- The College prepares students to become responsible, productive citizens and lifelong learners, encouraging them to contribute to their communities and to become moral leaders in a complex world.
No matter how you follow your educational dreams, you’re invited to visit our beautiful campus in New Haven and experience the many dimensions of our dynamic community for yourself.